Thursday, February 25, 2010

Elevator Trim


So I decided to upgrade the manual elevator trim. Not only was I concerned about the safety, it was just a bulky solution both in the cockpit and at the elevator. The basic concept looked like a lawn mower throttle assembly. The old assembly moved kind of rough and when you pushed on the lever the inner wire would flex before it went into the conduit. For my solution, I bought an RAC servo system from Aircraft Spruce and will likely put the adjustment buttons on the top of the stick. For now, I'm just creating the servo tray so that I can cover the left elevator. The servo tray is made out of aluminum angle with some bends cuts and rivets. I was pretty happy with the result especially since I didn't have any plans to guide me.







No comments:

Post a Comment